Friday, May 26, 2017

Kaitawa Thank you letter


after camp we wanted to thank the parents that came to camp with us so we have been writing a thank you letter over the past week and we are going to give them to the parents so they are thanked. here is one of three that I have done, as an example.


IMG_20170516_144112.jpg


Nikau 6/7
Parkvale school                
Howard Street
Hastings 4122

23rd of may 2017

Dear Steven

First I’d like to thank you for giving up your time and energy for a week and coming to camp with us and having fun and supervising us.

My first highlight is caving because we had to do a challenge and that challenge was to not get your shoes dirty because the end cave’s floor was covered in bat poo. so instead of walking through it we had to try not to fall of the walls into it and shimmy across the walls. I also liked caving because i had to be brave and crawl through gaps and tunnels and try not to think about spiders and wetas.

Another highlight was kayaking because Lyric and I were together and when we started we were not in time but until we figured out what way each other were going then we managed to get our rhythm. One other thing I liked about kayaking was when we got stuck in the weed and couldn't get out so we had to struggle our way out by back paddling (going backwards) to get out of the trees and weed.

My last highlight was walking the hinerau track because it took forever and also I enjoyed the scenery of the trees and plants covering the dirt. I also liked it because of the scenery when we got up to the top of the mountain because the lake was clear water. I also enjoyed watching the stupid challenge. The stupid challenge is when you have to go into water waist depth and stay in the freezing cold water for 45 seconds. But I did not do it because i’m not stupid.

One interesting fact is that camp kaitawa used to be a school but it shut down because hardly anyone went their because it is such a small area.

Yours truly

Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment